Josh Cachia scores first Super X podium
Thursday, 2 December 2010
Australian Under 19�s Motocross Champion, Josh Cachia has continued his rise to the top of Australian motorcycling with a strong third place in the penultimate round of the Australasian Super X Championship in Parramatta, NSW on Saturday night.
For the first time ever in Super X, the Pro Lite division competed in the cut throat, �Survival� format, where riders compete in four separate finals races, with the last five competitors removed from the field at the conclusion of each race.
For Cachia, this meant consistency, as well as blistering speed, were a necessity in delivering his first ever Pro Lite class podium.
�I felt good on the night and everything just seemed to be working. I put myself in the right position and kept out of trouble. Racing this format (survival) is just so hard because you really have to have four good races in a row and be super consistent. I don�t really think I did anything different than normal, I just focused on getting good starts every race and in the end it all worked out!� Josh Cachia said.
After six of seven rounds, Cachia sits in 8th place in the Australasian Super X Championship 21 points from a solid 5th place overall result.
The final stop of the Australasian Super X Championship moves to Brisbane, Queensland next Saturday December 4. For more information go to www.superx.com.au
LITES top ten results � Round 6
1. Matt MOSS - Rockstar Motul Suzuki: 25
2. Lawson BOPPING - Team Rockstar Motul Suzuki: 22
3. Josh CACHIA � Coastal KTM MX Rad: 20
4. Kade MOSIG � Cougar Bourbon Thor Honda: 18
5. Ford DALE � Serco Yamaha: 16
6. Luke ARBON - Kawasaki Racing Team Cool Air Conditioning: 15
7. Adam MONEA � Serco Yamaha: 14
8. P J LARSEN - JDR Motorex KTM: 13
9. Robbie MARSHALL � Yamaha: 12
10. Joel ROELANTS � Coastal KTM MX Rad: 11
LITES � Top ten championship standings
1. Matt MOSS - Team Rockstar Motul Suzuki: 273
2. P J LARSEN - JDR Motorex KTM: 268
3. Ryan MARMONT - JDR Motorex KTM: 203
4. Cody MACKIE - Kawasaki Racing Team Cool Air Conditioning: 190
5. Lawson BOPPING - Team Rockstar Motul Suzuki: 164
6. Steven CLARKE - Raceline Pirelli Suzuki: 156
7. Ford DALE � Serco Yamaha: 146
8. Josh CACHIA � Coastal KTM MX Rad: 145
9. Robbie MARSHALL � Yamaha: 131
10. Luke STYKE � GTYR Rockstar Yamaha: 129
Photo credit Jeff Crowe/Sport the Library
Check out Murray shredding in his 2012 signature vest! You might not be able to … Read More »
After months of back to back shows around Australia the ShowtimeFMX team finally got a … Read More »
Stop 2 of the Australian Liquid Force Rail Series saw everyone return to the beautiful … Read More »
The Showtime FMX team have joined the Jetpilot Movember team, show your support to mens … Read More »